Thursday, January 1, 2009

Home for the NEW YEAR!

Christmas Eve Party!




The four of us...


Mommy and Caleb
Mommy and Micaiah
Caleb, sick on Christmas morning...
Knocked out on New Year's Eve...but at least at home!


Daddy and Micaiah playing with sparklers!


Praise God! Caleb is home. He was discharged on New Years Eve and we were able to ring in the new year at home! Caleb is doing much much better now. Pretty much back to baseline. He was given some antibiotics and it's all good now!
God showed us once again that all things are possible through him! I really didn't think they would discharge him so early but he was doing good and off oxygen so they let us go home! One of our friend's sons from church was admitted Tuesday night because he had a full blown seizure. We didn't know each other was there until we were getting ready to be discharged. It was such a blessing. Of course not a good thing that both our boys were hospitalized but it was great to see them and to have encouraging words and powerful prayers! So our pastor came in too and prayed over us and Caleb. Nothing is coincidence...it's all a part of HIS plan. Please also pray for little Ezekiel and his parents and family. He's a mighty little miracle boy too. Ezekiel and Caleb will be preaching the word of God and touching many hearts together! (They already are...)
I have to admit that I was feeling a little angry and sad that Caleb had to be sick on Christmas and almost having to spend New Year's in the hospital. But God kind of knocked me in the head and I was reminded to be thankful for everything instead. There are so many people going through a much tougher time, children who are very ill...and I was becoming angry at God who sent his one and only son to us? How sad of me? I quickly caught myself and changed my bad attitude.
The week before Caleb got sick I was alone with him and we were talking and doing some stretches. I was doing some hip movements with him which made him look like he was dancing and he smiled at me! He thought it was funny and of course it made me very happy. Then when I was exercising his legs I told him he's going to run and made his legs in a running motion and then told him to run faster and faster and made his legs go faster and faster and he smiled again at me! It was a great day...Those smiles are priceless!
It's hard to find positive things about Caleb being in the hospital but I think I've found a couple...It was great to see nurses that took care of Caleb after his accident. The best thing about seeing them was that when they came in his room they were saying he looks great and that he got so big and telling us we were doing a good job taking care of him. Wow...he looks great and he's sick! That reminded me of where Caleb was almost two years ago and how far he's come. Not only for Caleb but for Brandon and I, our family, and our walk. For some reason it is an uplifting experience even when it's not such a happy event. God is good in reminding us of all the blessings through every circumstance.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Praise God that Caleb is at home and doing better! Praying for continued healing in the coming days.