Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Thereʻs been many changes here in our home lately but things have finally settled in. We got a couple new nurses who are working out okay. Yes, Iʻm deeply saddened to report that Patrick is no longer Calebʻs home care nurse. But he will forever be a favorite uncle to our kids! We also lost another great nurse, Susan. But she will also forever be a part of our family. They are both exceptional nurses..hard to find and I miss them both very much! We also decided to switch nursing companies and that has lifted a huge stress off my shoulders! Iʻm enjoying that part.
Caleb had his 8th birthday a couple weeks ago and we got to go spend the day with "uncle Patrick" at his house on the water! It was a beautiful and relaxing day and the kids were so happy to see him! We had planned a little family celebration for Calebʻs birthday later that weekend but I got the stomach flu and we had to cancel. I hardly ever get sick and almost never get that sick to where I canʻt take care of myself or my kids. I think the last time was 2 1/2 years ago! It was really unpleasant but I got to sleep a lot! I donʻt remember the last time I slept so much!
Time has seemed to be flying by! Caleb is getting a lot better at tracking again. His little sister loves to cruise by him and sheʻs so good at not touching his trach! At least when Iʻm around. Sheʻs a smart little girl! I love watching my kids together. They are all such a blessing! Yes, it is often stressful, especially when Micaiah is not listening or Sarai is screaming or Micaiah is picking on his sister. But as stressful as it can get, I do enjoy it...ALL OF IT!
Caleb hasnʻt been sleeping well at all lately. Well, he never really has since his accident. But since his seizure in February, his sleeping patterns became worse. Now he usually goes to bed at about 7pm or sometimes a little later and wakes up at 10pm. Once in awhile heʻll sleep till midnight but he is ALWAYS up by midnight at least! So I really donʻt get ANY sleep anymore! Iʻve often been sleeping when Sarai takes her morning nap but then itʻs hard to get anything done. By the time we wake up we have enough time to eat and then need to pick up Micaiah from school then we have about an hour before the nurse leaves. Itʻs frustrating to have to choose between not getting sleep and getting out of the house or getting rest and not getting anything done. Iʻm tired all the time but I donʻt like not doing anything. Poor Caleb looks tired throughout the day too. The doctors canʻt really figure it out and we tried putting him on Ambien but it didnʻt work. I wish I could help him sleep because Iʻm sure he is miserable not being able to sleep at night too! Please pray that he will get RESTFUL sleep. Pray that whatever is hindering him from being able to sleep be cast out in the name of JESUS! This has been my prayer over and over for awhile now and Iʻll keep on believing that he is able to sleep well! Thanks and sorry for such a long overdue post. Please email me or comment to let me know if anyone out there is still reading this since I put a pause in my posting. :)

10 comments:

ronkristy.wong said...

I look forward to your updates. Thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad that you're back to posting again! This was the first time I'd checked Caleb's blog in several months, but I look forward to praying and keeping up with his journey again. And very belated congratulations on Sarai's birth!

Luke's Mom said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Caleb not sleeping. I know how challenging it is to not get sleep. I will definitely be praying that soon he will start to sleep all night long and that you will start to get caught up on your sleep too.

Praying for you my friend and so looking foward to seeing you soon.

Sue

Phil and Geri said...

We're here and still praying for you all every day! Love, Phil and Geri

Robert and Darlynn Okuda said...

I'll pray

Lori said...

Oh wow, I should not ever say that I'm tired...can't imagine how you get through your day!
Praying for good nights rests for you and Caleb!

Who is who? said...

Pray for your Retard child. Howard Kim says that karma got your family good- your suffering is caused by your Aunty Runt Mutt. I believe god pushed him into the pool because of your families sinful ways. Don't let runt mutt pray for you- she is only calling in the evil spirits that will make your child stay retarded.

Who is who? said...

Hey Cops!!!! This is not harassment this is expressing one Owns opinion. Any cop or civilian thinking this is wrong -this is freedom is speech which I'm entitled to. You may think this is unethical or rude- but someones got do it.

Who is who? said...

As long as Aunty Ran a midget mutt prays foryour child your child will be possessed with evil spirits that is making your child retarded. Little midgets who are hypocrites prays to the devil. This happened to u because u are affiliated with a midget runt size family of gay homosexual tranvestites.

Who is who? said...

Retard caleb- you fell into the pool for a reason. Not like joshua he really died but for debbie eichman and for howards family of mutts midgets and retards. Aunty rowena the smallest midget of them.