Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Bunch of Hallelujahs!

At the Blue Angels show.
Singing happy birthday at Caleb's party.
Caleb's 7th Birthday!
Me and my boys on one of our special family nights watching fireworks


In September we celebrated Caleb's 7th Birthday! We just had a small family party for him which he seemed to enjoy much better. The day of his birthday, Patrick and I took Caleb to the Planetarium. He loves looking up at all the stars and learning how to navigate the way Hawaiians do! He'll be ready to sail a canoe in no time! :) He had a "starry" birthday, with his party being on the beach under the night sky, ending in a fireworks show that I know they made extra special for him! :) We also took the boys to watch the blue angels that weekend and had great family time together.

October brought lots of business that still has not ceased. We've had a lot of downs but God always pulls through. Last weekend we gave our testimony at New Hope Windward. I danced hula for Jesus again too! (It's been too long.) We enjoyed ourselves and always love meeting new people and hearing their stories, words of encouragement, or how our testimony affected them. With this also came some trials. Caleb started to get sick a couple of times. I was on my knees in the late night hours and dark mornings praying and thanking Jesus for his healing! And praise God...he bounced right back! Hallelujah!

In the last couple of months we have had a lot of missed days of nursing which has been hard on my back. We also lost one of our regular nurses and I was just worried that we would not find another nurse to replace her soon enough. But we did! And everything seems to be working out just fine now! Another Hallelujah!

Caleb's therapy at the hospital has been approved after a re-evaluation and his nursing hours or level of care will not be changed this time around either! I think I'm in heaven! ;)

Our baby girl's arrival is approaching fast! I need to get a move on gathering what we need for her! Micaiah has started to ask if he could share rooms with his brother again. Brandon and I have been talking about the pros and cons of putting them in the same room again. And after I had a long talk with Caleb and Micaiah about it tonight, those boys just melted my heart again! I shared with Brandon what Micaiah had said and we decided that we will be letting them share a bedroom again. Micaiah says his (current) room is for his baby sister. Caleb and Micaiah do have a special bond...and we're just gonna go with it! The 'cons' of them being in the same room are being thrown out the window. The pros? ...mostly brotherly love. And I'm not about to stop that!

We spent our halloween at our house with family and few friends over. It was our first time having that many people over to our house and we definitely enjoyed it! We took the boys walking around the neighborhood for some candy...just for fun, since we gave it all away after! No candy for them! They were happy since I alternatively gave them a little gift in exchange! Micaiah said bye to all his candy...literally...and happily too!

In 10 days I will be leaving to attend a mother's retreat in Seattle, Washington! I've been so blessed by everyone helping me out financially to get me there and for Patrick, my mom, and mother-in-law who will be helping out Brandon to "cover me" while I'm gone! This retreat is with 11 other mothers from different parts of the US who has a child that had a near drowning. I'm so excited to meet these other women and to be able to share the things we go through! I'm sure going to miss my 3 boys but it's only for a few days! Please pray for my family's health and for everyone who will be helping out while I'm gone. Also for me and all the other mom's that will be attending. I'd really appreciate some extra prayers! It's going to be busy for me up until I leave and busy when I get back! I hope I'll be able to get some real sleep and relaxation too! I don't even know what that feels like anymore!

Thank you and God Bless...

**My camera cord is hiding from me so I can't upload the pictures from last weekend when we shared our testimony or halloween pictures. But when it decides to show up, I'll post them. Caleb was Bumble Bee (the transformer) and Micaiah was Optimus Prime (another transformer). We recorded Bumble Bee "talking" on Caleb's switch and he really got into character! Especially when we were at people's door getting candy! It was great.

No comments: