Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Hard times = A lift from GREAT people

I think this has been the longest time that I haven't blogged. We were going through a rough time. But had great things along the way. I also have so many pictures to share but my computer isn't working...again. So I can't post it right now.

We planted our family's lo'i in Maunawili. The family gave us a couple of patches for us to plant and harvest for our family. We had a great time and it's growing well. We won't be able to harvest from it for a bit longer though.
Caleb is a little celebrity here in Hawai'i. The owner of Barefoot League invited Caleb and our family to their 1st Anniversary party the other weekend. They gave us some VIP passes and boy did we feel like VIP! Caleb got a lot of attention from all of the celebs there including UH players and pro football players, plus some other celebs and got a whole lot of autographs and pictures. We all had so much fun! We were so blessed by the owners of Barefoot League...they are wonderful people!

Caleb hasn't had much therapy due to the switchover in medical. But he will start soon. He's been doing good though and I started to do some "schoolwork" with him. I've had a lot of time with him since we have had less nursing during the day. I love spending so much time with him by myself but I don't like not having enough rest to stay sane. But I've been having fun taking him to the aquarium, hiking, and whale watching. I try to do things with him instead of just staying home and doing the usual stuff.

It seems Caleb's spine is starting to curve into an "S" shape and is causing his left ribs to flare out a bit. He's always tilting to the right too. So I'm going to have to look into possibly getting a brace for him to use during the day. I'm going to call to get an appointment at Shriners tomorrow.

It's been quite a rollercoaster this year but we are pulling through with the help from our gracious God and wonderful family and friends and new people that continue to bless us as the days go by.

In a couple weeks will be Caleb's 2nd Re-Birthday...(2 years since his accident). It doesn't seem like its been that long...It's been hard emotionally, physically, spiritually but it's been a blessing at the same time.

I promise I will update before that day comes. We are planning to throw him a party again like last year.

Till then...Please pray for Caleb and us as the time approaches. Thank you!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

you are all in our prayers.
Since Calebs accident was the eve before our wedding anniversary (which we "celebrated" in the hospital with you), we will never forget that day....but more so, GOD will never forget that day nor any of you!
Your family picture and little picture chain is still hanging on our fridge and so is the sticker on our bathroom mirror reminding us: Pray for Caleb!
We love you!
the Kitagawa's

Luke's Mom said...

I'm glad to hear that Caleb is doing good. I will really be praying for you as you come to his second "rebirth" day. I know how hard days like that can be.

As I mentioned in my last post, I've been struggling a lot lately. It's so hard not to give up on hope. I know that God wants us to trust Him and His timing, but some days, weeks, months, years, that can be a huge challenge. Somehow we can't lose hope, that's just not an option for us that truly believe in miracles.

Stay strong in the Lord my friend,
Suzi

Robert and Darlynn Okuda said...

Caleb touches my heart deeply whenever I see him at church. I know for sure that God sees him as a whole person. The struggles you face are never indicative of what God has in store when you keep the faith. You can have what you say.

Robert

chris said...

Caleb,

First I want to say Blessed be The Great I AM The Most High God The Holy One of Israel Creator of all things and the giver of all good things. Blessed be His Holy Name forever. Amen and amen.

Caleb, you are wonderfully and fearfully made. You are a child of The Most High The Holy One of Israel. You have touched my heart and my prayers are always with you. I rejoice in The Great I AM for the wonderful miracle that He did for you Caleb. And I rejoice and I give Thanks to The Most High The Holy One of Israel for what He is still going to do for you.

Caleb, may you be blessed with the most beautiful wonderful healthy day and may Psalms 91 and The Blood of Yeshua (Jesus) be with you and your parents and all your family and friends. May Jesus answer all your prayers and may only good things come your way.

Unknown said...

So glad to hear that Caleb is continuing to do well! I miss seeing Micaiah in the Children's Ark but hope that you are all enjoying your new church. Praying for Caleb & your whole family.