Friday, July 24, 2009

Our new home!

I'm finally getting to blog for the first time from our new home.  We've been living in our new place for 8 days now.  It's coming along.  I've been madly cleaning and getting things straighten out so I can relax.  But it's never ending.  I'm so exhausted.  We are excited because this is our first time having our own place!  It's harder in so many ways but I love it.  The one thing I love the most is that Caleb and Micaiah are sharing a bedroom.  (We've got a 2bdrm place)  We decided to try and see how Micaiah would be sleeping in the same room as Caleb.  Since Caleb often wakes up in the middle of the night we were a little concerned that his suction machine may wake up his little brother.  But no it doesn't!  They both love being in the room together!  Micaiah doesn't give us any problems.  When we tell him it's time to go to sleep he goes right to bed, doesn't complain, and goes right to sleep!  I love that they can be together like that.  

Micaiah has been saying he wants Caleb to talk to him.  He says that a lot.  When Caleb hears him say that he responds by making sounds.  We'll tell him, see he's talking to you!  What's he saying?  And Micaiah says, "I don't know."  Patrick tells him he needs to start learning to understand him.  We try to interpret what Caleb is saying to Micaiah like, "Micaiah lets play" or "I love you."  (Stuff like that)  It's cute but it does make me sad sometimes.  Micaiah is so sweet with Caleb though.  He's always kissing him, rubbing his arm, climbing in bed with him,...doing what brothers do.  (minus the fighting).

I took Caleb to his therapy session a couple weeks ago and was very excited to see the things he's doing in his speech therapy.  He loves to play on the computer and does so well with it.

Caleb's nursing hours is still being reviewed so as of now, our hours have not been decreased.  The quality insurance section is coming to our place next week thursday to do a re-assessment regarding his hours.  Please pray for Caleb's nursing hours!  Cutting them down a little bit wouldn't be that bad but to cut it down drastically would definitely change our lives completely. 

We live really close to KCC now so I'm hoping that I can attend a night class in the fall and maybe a Saturday class too.  I don't know how mother's of medically fragile children can work or go to school.  It's so hard.  But if we want to buy a house in the future and be able to have money to eat too then I'll need a job.  

We are forever blessed by our families, especially our parents, who have helped us out so much in the past two years.  Caleb, Micaiah, Brandon and I would not be where we are today if it weren't for all the love and support that every one has given us.  Us moving to a place of our own makes a big difference for everyone and we are still so blessed to have our parents, families and friends so involved in helping us in whatever way they can and always lending a helping hand with Caleb and Micaiah.

I've had so many mountains in my life, especially within the last month or two.  But God is so gracious.  Just when I think I can't take it anymore and become so overwhelmed he reminds me of his love.  We really do serve an awesome God who loves us endlessly!
"When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then You knew my path."  Psam 142:3

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations to your new home!
A home for your family of 4!
I remember the scary, but also excited feeling of being in our own little apt. when Tiari was 6 month and Kent was a FT student at UH with 2 PT jobs! God as Master and Lord of your family will guide and keep you !
PTL for good and also less good days, because it's in hard times when we sense God's power and strength the most!
Love you
the Kitagawa's

Cammie Arakaki said...

Oh this post makes my heart leap with joy. I got your message and I can't wait to see you next Thursday. I love you guys so much! :)