Thursday, March 5, 2009

Looking Forward

Tomorrow is Caleb's 2nd Re-Birthday Party and we will be celebrating his life at our house again. It will be a potluck celebration if you would like to come please do so anytime after 4pm. You can email me at prayforcaleb@yahoo.com if you need directions or anything else.
It's been 2 years and as I look back on the day we lost Caleb for 40minutes every single moment of that evening repeats in my head. I think I've passed the point of what if and have moved onto what IS...and more so of What is to COME. I'm beyond grateful that Caleb is here. I remember those last moments that I saw him before WE ALMOST lost him as he ran to kiss me goodbye and told me that he loved me before I left. But thankfully those weren't the last words, the last kisses, hugs, or special moments together.
On Monday I took Caleb to speech therapy and saw him working with the new communication device. It's a little handheld computer thats so neat. And he's so good at working it. With more practice he's gonna get better and better.
Caleb and I didn't get to go on our hike together because it's been rainy all week. But I had a wonderful moment with God when I went hiking by myself the other day. And now I know it's something I really needed. Especially at this time.
Patrick had Caleb laying on his stomach last week and had Caleb trying to roll over on his own. He was using all of his strength to push himself up and roll over which he did but in doing so he was making so much vocalization. Brandon was home and was so encouraged to hear Caleb's voice.
I also took Caleb to Shriners to get his back checked out by the doctor there. I spent quite some time praying over him and laying hands on him the night before and I know that's all that I need to continue doing. The doctor said that he is developing some scoliosis but that it wasn't bad. He said that we could have him fitted for a body brace that could be used when he is sitting but that there are no proven studies that it can help. But he said it wouldn't hurt to try. I've also been talking to our chiropractor about it too and he's given me a lot of understanding about it. So it seems it's not as bad as it was made out to be.
And as we continue to hold onto the promises from our Lord Jesus Christ, we thank you all for being our support, our prayer warriors, and encouraging force through this journey of our lives. Thank you and we look forward to all that this "March 6th" may bring and for the celebration with everyone that can make it!
We're looking forward...there's no turning back...! Rejoicing for EVERY SINGLE DAY...EVERY SINGLE MOMENT.

3 comments:

Phil and Geri said...

Brandon and Kehau,

Please know that we've been praying for your whole family every day. The faith you've shown threoughout your trials has inspired us all.

Our prayer is that God will heal Kamakana and that He'll give you the strength, patience and wisddom to keep loving and caring for him until that day.

Love you all bunches,

P&G

Luke's Mom said...

How's it going my friend?? How was Caleb's celebration party?

I pray that God will allow you to stay strong in your faith during this journey that you are traveling on. I know how hard anniversary dates can be, I truly do hope and pray that God will bring victory soon in the healing of our sons.

Love in Christ,
Suzi

Luke's Mom said...

Just want to let you know I still pray for y'all. Please let us know what is going on.

Love in Christ,
Suzi